Stop, Shop, & Stay Alert
Your security is our priority! Protect yourself and your accounts from fraud with these helpful tips:
- Buying gifts online can be a convenient way to shop for the holidays. Remember to be smart when giving out financial information.
- Do your shopping with established sites that you know and trust.
- Visit sites directly instead of responding to links in emails.
- A secure site will begin with "https" not "http".
- Never submit your credit card number to any site that isn't secure.
- When shopping online, be suspicious of offers on electronic gadgets that seem too good to be true.
- Don't open attachments or click on links from unsolicited emails - even if they offer coupons or a contest. They often lead to malicious websites.
- Even social networking sites may tempt you with glittery ads. Be cautious and refrain from entering credit card information.