Overdraft Protection and Coverlines
In today’s fast-paced business environment it’s easy to lose sight of fast clearing checks and electronic transactions. We have options that can help prevent the inconvenience of insufficient funds.
Overdraft protection transfers
Overdraft protection links your checking account to one of your other TowneBank deposit accounts. In the event of an overdraft, available funds will automatically be transferred from the linked account to the covered account. Nominal overdraft protection transfer fees apply.
There is no cost to link accounts, and you will only incur a fee if you use the protection.
Link your checking account to a pre-approved line of credit. In the event of an overdraft, funds will be transferred from your line of credit to the overdrawn account.
Subject to credit approval; applicable interest rates apply.
Talk to your hometown banker to get started.
Balance notifications through online banking
Balance notifications provide a simple solution that is free and easy to use. Simply log into online banking, select the account(s) you wish to monitor and establish a target balance level for notification. An email will automatically be sent to you when your balance reaches that level. Ready to get started? Log into online banking and follow these instructions:
- Through Towne-Biz
- Select ‘My settings’ in the upper right hand corner
- Then select 'Alerts and Notifications'
- ‘Notifications using Express Set Up’
- Through Towne-Biz Plus
- Go to ‘Admin’
- Select ‘Balance Alerts’
Not enrolled in Free Online Banking? Enroll here.
Other financial management tips include:
- Keep extra funds in your accounts
- Check your balance frequently (understand that some transactions may have already been authorized by you, but may have not yet cleared your account)
- Utilize a system to track your transactions
- Leave enough funds in your account for uncleared checks and pending electronic payments