that access FDIC insurance through a single bank relationship benefit from CDARs. With CDARs large deposits can be dispersed into smaller amounts across a network of banks. Then, those banks issue CDs in amounts under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, so your investment is eligible for protection.
- One Bank - conveniently manage large CD deposits through one bank
- One Rate - no need to worry about multiple rate negotiations or consolidating multiple disbursement checks
- One Statement - receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs, along with their issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned and other details.
Other benefits include:
- Satisfy your requirements for insured deposits and avoid having uninsured deposits to footnote in financial statements2
- Earn returns that may compare favorably with those of Treasuries and other high-quality investments3
- Eliminate the need to track changing collateral values on an ongoing basis (public fund clients with collateralized deposits only).